Summer just keeps going, last week we had temperatures up in the mid twenties, just fantastic. Sheep are all clipped now and way to the hill and we are now full swing at calving. The cottages are full until the last week of September, we still have lots of availability for October, so please get in touch.
June has been the most amazing month gorgeous weather and very warm lets hope it continues! We are booked now until the end of August, but have availability in September and October.
This morning was beautiful it really felt like summer had arrived which is very welcome after the very cold and wet spring. The first photo is looking out over the farm with gorse in the foreground is has been amazing this year with bright yellow flowers and a very strong coconut aroma. In the one below you can just make out pockets of snow still lingering on the Dalwhinnie hills. The other photos are of Fluke and Cullen who are waiting for their breakfast to be delivered!
We still have a few weeks available in June in Allt Bronach and limited availability in July and August, please getting touch if you have any questions. If Covid -19 rears its ugly head again and holidays have to be cancelled be assured that any money paid will be refunded in full.
You can put up with frost if you get days like theses!
Ewes being fed for the last time before they come down onto the fields to lamb.
First lambs will be appearing any day, the ‘official’ start is the 15th of April but there are always early lambs!
Fingers crossed the weather stays fair.
Winter is back, cold last night and white this morning and it doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere fast. Thank goodness we are not lambing yet, ten days to go, fingers crossed spring will reappear by then!
The saying goes that if March comes in like a lion it will go out like a lamb, or if it comes in like a lamb it will go out like a lion! Well this year the beginning of March definitely came in like a lamb! We scanned the ewes on the 1st of March and it was a beautiful spring day I think it was the best scanning day we had ever had! But it is definitely going out like a lion! The last few days have been horrendous, so much rain, all the bottom fields have flooded!
Lets hope that’s the last of the flooding for this year our lambing starts in about 3 weeks so fingers crossed the weather will behave!
Fantastic News that we are actually opening on the 1st of May, we are really looking forward to welcoming back guests, if you have any questions about anything please do not hesitate to get in touch. We would also like to assure all our guests that if your holiday has to be cancelled because of Covid-19 any money paid will be refunded. We are not asking for a deposit and only ask for payment when we know the holiday is definitely going ahead.
Almost the end of January and what a shame the ski centres are not open, its been white for most of the month only a couple of days of thaw which saw the river rise and then temperatures fall and the river receded to leave wonderful ice patterns. The hill is just bulging with snow perfect conditions for off piste skiing.
We are open to take bookings for the summer, any bookings taken are provisional and no deposits will be required until the holiday is confirmed. Any deposits that are taken are fully refunded if the holiday has to be cancelled because of the restrictions.
Please get in touch with any questions.
Who needs the Alps!
This photos was taken by my son Calum today from the top of the Monadhliath hills at just under 3000ft looking down into the Spey. The Cairn is one of the 5 Cairns on the summit when you look up from Gaskbeg. Its a great walk in the summer and actually not that far but it is quite a climb! Today Calum was on skis so it was a bit of a hike but he assured me that the views and the ski down was well worth the walk up! Here are some more of his photos, the five cairns and looking over the back of into the Madagan Burn which flows into the Calder which runs into the Spey at Newtonmore.
More snow this morning and and wonderful sunrise – the most amazing pink sky
Very sorry we are not able to welcome our New Year guests this year, wishing everyone a safe and happy New Year I for one am really looking forward to 2021 and hopefully goodbye to Covid -19!
Hoping to have guests as soon as we are allowed, the date just now is the 18th of January but obviously that could easily change, all bookings taken are fully refundable if they have to be cancelled due to Covid -19.
We are also saying goodbye to Bail nan Cnoc which will not be available for renting now, thank you so much to everyone who has stayed at Bail nan Cnoc over the years. It would be lovely to welcome you to the Cottages.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch
Thats the sheep all clipped and put to the open hill, great walk but Spock the sheep dog was a wee bit tired!
Amazing weather just now almost too hot! which does not often happen in the Highlands.
We have had a cancellation in Allt na Criche for the beginning of August. Due to the uncertainty just now any guests that has to cancel due to COVID 19 will get a full refund.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.